Thursday, September 1, 2011

Adrenaline music

Today I'm sharing some of my favorite tracks to get the action started, as it were.



That one from the amazing chase/battle scene near the end of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I used to listen to it on the way to high school every morning back in 11th grade. On an old Sony MiniDisc player. Don't know what that is? I'm not surprised. MiniDisc players are to portable music devices what Zip discs were to removable media storage. The thing is MiniDiscs really took off in Japan and you see them a lot in anime and Japanese dramas. I'm not ashamed to admit that I liked this semi-obscure music device because of this association. (^___^)7



Yeah, Rammstein. Not unexpected right? Of particular note is the call and response @2:10.


6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty intrigued by this minidisc player thing. It looks cool and retro-futuristic.

    I just went on a nice big rant here on how I like Ich Wil and started mentioning some trivia stuff that ended up straying far from the subject. I deleted it and put this here instead: I like that Rammstein song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I didn't think I'd see Rammstein posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what language is this? German? sounds cool. ^_^

    nah. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ramstein *America* song is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Final Fantasy Crisis Core's battle music. Epic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @D4: Hey, hey now. You put that rant and trivia back right now. (ò_ó)9

    @Zach: I just went and listened to some. I concur.

    ReplyDelete