Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fight Club

No, not the movie. I'm talking about the book, written by Chuck Palahniuk. It was good stuff and as always I'd recommend everyone read the book even if, no especially if, you've watched the movie.

This isn't a review of any kind, by the way.

Today I happened to be thinking about the first time I read the book. I got stuck on the first page for a good 15 minutes. Thinking about how the gun modification would work. Dunno what I mean? If you don't happen to have a copy of the book lying around, even I don't, you can actually read the first page on Amazon.

I'm no kind of gun expert but the mechanics of that mod seem a little off to me. Any one know if it would actually work?

10 comments:

  1. Fight club: a very pure form of awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man I thought you were talking about the movie. Give us some details on the gun modification though : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. No that wouldn't work on its own. You would still need to wrap the barrel with something to contain and direct the escaping gasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have it but I haven't got round to reading it. Feels bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the first couple chapters of the book but don't remember the gun bit... I guess I don't retain info as well as I should!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the movie based on the book? Too sleepy to Google right now so I guess I'll never know :) I have no clue what the film is about either. The people around me make me feel like I should be ashamed of this. =w=

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the book actually, but I never read it. Everyone that had tread it said the movie actually did a fair job with it, so I kinda got over it. But now that it's been a while since I've even seen the movie I might give it a peek. Anyway, not sure about the gun mod, have to read it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the book years after I saw the movie.

    It was waay different, but probably the best adaptation that they could do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. <3 Fight Club... totally wanna read the book someday. I dunno anything about guns though. :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ..o.o Really?! I must read the book then. :D

    ReplyDelete