Thursday, September 22, 2011

Idiosyncrasy #4: No Worries (Mate)

I say 'No worries' in lieu of "You're welcome" or "No problem". Unlike 'wanker' I know exactly where I picked this one up!

You ever read the children's book series Animorphs? One of my favorites while growing up; however, I don't think it ever received as much popularity as it deserves. There is still a good section of it at my local public library though.

Specifically it was book #44, The Unexpected. One of the characters ends up stranded in Australia and meets up with a local boy who said "No worries".

I thought this was an awesome turn of phrase and started using it. 'No worries' has so much more to offer than 'No problem' or 'You're welcome'. The latter two concern only the immediate situation and the action which prompted the response. 'No worries' is a sort of well-wishing for the rest of this other person's day.

<(º_________º)>

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Animorphs. That takes me back. Wow.

    As for 'no worries' I always used it as 'don't worry about it' which I always kinda figured was the same as no problem. Maybe I just went with it instead of thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was a kid I don't have any favorite books. lol.
    I never experienced bed time stories and stuff..so, nope, no idea about this. lol

    but yeah, I like "no worries" than no problem..^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say no worries a lot too, but I don't think I picked it up from Animorphs. It was okay, but I could never really get into it that much, despite the concept of people turning into animals appealing to me.

    Now that really makes me sound like a furry -_- I'm not, I'm really not.

    ReplyDelete