Friday, September 2, 2011

An odd Loki anime music post

There's an anime I never watched called Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok (a.k.a. Matantei Loki Ragnarok/ 魔探偵ロキRagnarok). Despite this handicap at one point I downloaded a RealMedia file of the opening solely to listen to the opening theme song.

That was about 10 years ago, back when RealPlayer was little better than malware. Remember how it would put that icon in the taskbar even if you unticked the checkbox under Performance to disable it? And how about how it urged you to buy the Pro version every time you launched the application?

Well, ten years later, I still haven't watched that anime but yesterday the theme song popped into my head and I felt the need to listen to it again.

If I was inclined to watch it I could do so more easily than ever now: The entire series is available on YouTube's animenetwork channel. Unfortunately, a high quality video of the opening doesn't exist and I had to go to animenetwork's upload of the 1st episode to watch the OP. In the end I watched the whole episode. It's not as good as I had hoped. Good thing I didn't spend these loooong years anticipating this series hahAHAha!! It's rather childish and not nearly as good as the OP itself, in my opinion. Ah wells.


It's worth checking out. The OP song, I mean.

6 comments:

  1. Well I like how it transitioned after 2 minutes, that was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That melody reminds me of another song that I just cant place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa. I didn't know about this :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo... I like 1:15. Very distinct sounds in this song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for telling me about that youtube channel! pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched this show before. If I remember correctly, there's this girl that keeps saying "Fushigi Mystery!" whenever she find something suspicious or mysterious.

    ReplyDelete