Monday, September 19, 2011

Sasuke a.k.a. Ninja Warrior

So today's find comes by way of one of tracirz's posts. I clicked on the link to Joel's list and then clicked the link next to Learn Parkour which lead me to this blog here.

The guy seems like just my type of person, going out and doing awesome stuff cuz he wants to. But that's beside the point. Looking through his posts I found this one. Man, Ninja Warrior (aka Sasuke) sounds awesome! But I already have K-ON!, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones on my watch list.... (><__)





Love of the game right there.

In other news, I have to say, I don't think anyone takes their hobbies more seriously than the Japanese. If you read any manga or watch any anime in which the characters are still in school (there are plenty of them) you've probably noticed how dedicated extracurricular club members are to what they do. For example, if a character is the captain of the team or some such, it will be a big part of their character. That's not just an exaggerated characterization used in the fiction. It's how it is in real life, too.

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have known that, but that's a pretty positive trait in my book. So easy to respect dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with D4, and I have noticed that in anime and manga too, just look at Tezuka from Prince of Tennis, he risked his arm and his ability to play to try and draw out Ryoma's abilities. If they're actually like that IRL, then it is pretty awesome.

    Also I wish to learn to do parkour one day, in about 30 frickin years when I'm physically able.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like the one from NARUTO ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mark: Well, then I'd say start working towards it today. Nerdfitness indeed.

    @Mai Yang: I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD SAY THAT!
    *GRAWH RAWH* ( Òmó)=O*(>#<___)
    That's you on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a very complicated emoticon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know people who are like that with their hobbies, but they aren't healthy hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always thought Ninja Warrior was a terrible name for this show. But it is fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete