Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Crooked Smile

It wasn't always this way. My smile, when I smiled at any rate, used to be perfectly normally balanced.

Non-crooked. A rare sighting.
You might have already gathered that I didn't often have occasion to smile in public for a long time and so I didn't give it much thought.

This changed in high school. The library had the odd copy of Dragons of Winter Night, the second book in the Dragonlance Chronicles series. The second book but they didn't have the first. Man, I hate when that happens. I have to pick up the story halfway in, you know? Anyway, one character- fans of the series should probably know where I'm going with this already- is described as having a crooked smile. Kitiara uth Matar, human, dark hair, evil. But none of that other stuff is important. I thought to myself, "Hmmm, a crooked smile huh?" And I tried it on in front of the mirror. "Nice. I like it." And that was that. Now it's my default smile, I don't smile any other way, really.

On the minus side, the crooked smile gives me a smirky look, which amplifies my air of arrogance a bit too far sometimes. And I smile a lot these days. Ah wellz, can't have it all.



On the plus side, it gives me an almost perfect troll face.

9 comments:

  1. If that's a crooked smile I think I have one too. I think my smile makes me look kind of creepy really. But I don't got much reason to smile in public either. You on the other hand have a nice smile, and should be spreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just noticing that about myself the other day. I was in the bathroom and I heard something funny, so I smiled and caught myself on the mirror. It was like a trollface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol.
    I think most of my smile are genuine =))

    ohayou gozaimasu! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a funny habit to pick up, eh?
    The library never seems to have the first. Or if they do, they'll have the third and the fourth and the twohundredandeightieth but not the second. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crooked or not, a smile is a smile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't smile.. that works too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a cool smile thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL XD @ Troll face.

    Awww!!

    I think I'd choose a crooked smile over my wide smile any-day! My relatives always tease me about seeing all 32 of my teeth when I smile and xD sometimes my gum. =_=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA Smile like this? (^______________________^)

      Delete