Monday, September 12, 2011

Idiosyncrasy #3: Diluted

I like to dilute fruit juice. At first it was only with orange juice but the dilution has spread to other juices. I feel it gives the drinks a more refreshing and cool quality.

SLIGHT TANGENT
Costco used to sell Tropicana Orange-Tangerine juice and it was the best ever. I guess I'm the odd one because it wasn't very popular and I haven't seen it on store shelves anywhere for years.
----------------------------------------------------------
Anyhoo, diluted orange juice tastes slightly closer to how orange-tangerine tasted though, but that's only a small factor. After a while I started to feel that most juices were just a bit too sweet for my liking so I dilute those too. Most especially red grape juice. Definitely too sweet for me unadulterated,though white grape is fine.


10 comments:

  1. I agree! Some juices need to be diluted! I prefer to mix white grape juice with some ginger ale or some kind of sparkling water. It's delicious. Try it sometime! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you have a juicer you can make your own orange-tangerine juice can't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's also a great money saver, if you're into that whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mark: I could, but I won't lie, if I got a juicer it would simply collect dust after maybe a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pretty much agree. A lot of 100% juices are just fine though, but not most of them. It's that sugary taste afterwards that keeps you thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to dilute my juices as well, but usually with a few ice cubes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm I really need some juice now. Usually I'm just a water drinker but the past week or so I've been so thirsty for juice and smoothies and tea and wine and soda and just every drink I can think of... It's kinda strange. I think I'm going to make some vanilla italian cream sodas...
    I usually don't dilute juice for myself, but I do for my kids. I probably should, though lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's because the manufacturers always add sugar into these juices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thirsty now after reading this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha-HAA!! tracirz and Ting Kubby activated my trap card!!

    ReplyDelete