Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What Did They Just Say?

Pop songs generally don't make a lot of sense in the first place but two lines in particular make me think, "They didn't really think that through." every time I hear them.

#1: Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
"You think I'm pretty without any makeup on."
Your sig.o BETTER think you're pretty without any makeup on, you low self-esteem idiot. That really shouldn't be something that makes you feel special. Oh my, this guy thinks my actual face is pretty! (- -)
On that note, I dislike makeup in general. I think it looks... weird. Fake. That just isn't how they really look, you know?

There was this one time I was taking S-girl to some semi-formal shindig or other. She put on makeup and such and when I saw her I thought, "That's not my S-girl."
A girl with makeup on isn't 'touchable', you know what I mean? I'm a contact kind of guy. I managed to get all her lipstick off in short order, though. (Aren't I so clever? You'll figure it out when you're older.)

#2: What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction
"You don't know you're beautiful/ that's what makes you beautiful."
Say what? What happens when she gets a little self-confidence, hmm?
Or maybe its just a guy thing, it feels nice to be the One who can make her feel special, yeah? Well, for me, I've done that before and I realized that it gets tiring after a while, having to keep boosting someone else up. Like a leaky balloon. ╮(╯_╰)╭