Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What Did They Just Say?

Pop songs generally don't make a lot of sense in the first place but two lines in particular make me think, "They didn't really think that through." every time I hear them.

#1: Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
"You think I'm pretty without any makeup on."
Your sig.o BETTER think you're pretty without any makeup on, you low self-esteem idiot. That really shouldn't be something that makes you feel special. Oh my, this guy thinks my actual face is pretty! (- -)
On that note, I dislike makeup in general. I think it looks... weird. Fake. That just isn't how they really look, you know?

There was this one time I was taking S-girl to some semi-formal shindig or other. She put on makeup and such and when I saw her I thought, "That's not my S-girl."
A girl with makeup on isn't 'touchable', you know what I mean? I'm a contact kind of guy. I managed to get all her lipstick off in short order, though. (Aren't I so clever? You'll figure it out when you're older.)

#2: What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction
"You don't know you're beautiful/ that's what makes you beautiful."
Say what? What happens when she gets a little self-confidence, hmm?
Or maybe its just a guy thing, it feels nice to be the One who can make her feel special, yeah? Well, for me, I've done that before and I realized that it gets tiring after a while, having to keep boosting someone else up. Like a leaky balloon. ╮(╯_╰)╭

1 comment:

  1. I can figure out how you got the lipstick off. The downside is that it's on you if you did what I think you did. I'm with you on the makeup though. I really do prefer girls without it. Less really is more. I can understand wanting to maybe cover something up, but when you look like a whore, well, you look like a whore. Plus like you said you had better believe that they look good without makeup on. I heard of a girl who's been with a guy for years and he's never seen her without her makeup. She wakes up hours before he does to do it all before he gets up. That's pretty damn ridiculous.

    Say what? So...not knowing you're beautiful makes you beautiful? I can almost understand that. There are plenty of people that don't realise how beautiful they are, sure, but to suggest that thinking yourself beautiful is inner-ugliness is just one Hell of a "Huh? What?" moment.

    ReplyDelete