Thursday, May 31, 2012

O HAY

So I was reading my Profile Description and I noticed that I've talked about movies and games and dreams but not really much about food and life quests. So let's hear about that stuff!

AT THE SAME TIME.

Since I was a wee lad I'd had a dream. A noble dream, truly. I had always wanted to eat a swiss roll all by myself. You know what I'm talking about?

That stuff is ambrosia, I tell you. Food of the gods. Of course, I'm talking about the Chinese pastry kind, sold at most every Chinese bakery. My whole childish life I'd only ever eaten it in thin slices, and I had to share the thing with family. (⌐ ⌐_) NO LONGER! One day, about 2 years ago, I went out and got one when I happened to be in New York Chinatown. And I ate it. I ate it all. In one sitting. And it was glorious.
My second favorite pastry is the 纸包蛋糕, literally: 'paper wrapped cake'.
They're amazing and cheap and common. How do you beat that combination?! That's an unassailable trio of adjectives right there.

6 comments:

  1. these foods right here are perfect with coffee, don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is! It went to spam for some reason.

      Delete
  2. Swiss rolls are glorious. I'm not sure if they differ that much, but the ones I've eaten are glorious at least. I don't know if I would go as far as to say ambrosia good, but they'd be close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, I remember I posted a comment on this..hmm..I wonder what happened.


    we tried to make a swiss roll in school and it was a success, but the second time wasn't. hmp! but I'm still glad I did pass the subject-Baking and Pastry Production. HAHA!

    best if paired with coffee! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boo. I don't like coffee. Maybe a nice latte?

      Delete