Sunday, March 4, 2012

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

So I recently perused my local public library and noticed a book titled, "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist". I hadn't realized the movie was an adaptation.

Book was better. Natch.

Also, the movie was alright. But then I discovered and read the book. Now I see that the movie kinda sucks if it is to be considered an adaptation. Nick wasn't a pussy who grows a spine. Well, ok, I guess if you're going to cast Michael Cera in your movie, your character, whoever he may be, is going to turn out to be a pussy who grows a spine, but that's beside the point. Nick from the book is just a guy who needs to get over a broken heart. Nick from the movie is... Michael Cera.

Tris isn't a total cheating bitch. She turns out to be a decent friend to both Nick and Norah. Doesn't happen in the movie. She's just a cookie cutter jackass.

The movie lost so much of what made the book a good read. This is one of those instances when I wonder why they even bothered to purchase rights to make an adaptation rather than just making a movie. No one would have recognized where it "came" from anyway with how mutilated the story is anyway.

14 comments:

  1. Lmao!! @ Nick from the movie is... Michael Cera.

    I never saw the movie but I feel the need to read the book now. :) Books are always better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book was completely different. It's worth a read.

      Delete
  2. I actually kind of liked the movie so will have to check out the book on this one. Although not surprised because it is extremely rare for the movie adaptation to be better than the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was fine in its own right. I just think it was a piss poor 'adaptation'.

      Delete
  3. I never watched it because Michaael Cera. I had the opportunity to though. I think I'd rather give the book a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but sadly this seems to be a common trend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would read the book first because if I watch the movie and I don't like I won't read the book even they're different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a defect you should remedy. It's no one else's fault.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for reinforcing my decision to never watch this movie under any circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There could be one circumstance: You were stuck in a room and had nothing else to do.

      Delete