Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dreaming of Bugs

No, I'm not talking about this guy. (6 6__)


I've been having quite a few dreams with insects in them.



Two days ago, we were playing around in a water park at night. It actually looked amazingly beautiful. The park, not the bugs. The place had a darkened blue and purple colour scheme. After having some good fun a swarm of bees descended and stung me all along the anterior sides of my upper arms. I took flight and made my escape. Then I decided to submerge myself in the water to dull the pain and woke up. My blanket had slipped down and left my shoulders exposed to the cold pre-dawn air. Neat.

Last night, a large swarm of flies kept covering everything I touched. No, it wasn't as disgusting as it should have been. I ended up having to lure them all to a big box of Costco pizza (I like that stuff!) and throwing it into a dumpster outside a Value City department store.

Oddly enough, I know why I thought up the Value City part. Earlier yesterday I had spoken with someone about the history of the Hampton Roads area and they'd mentioned the Value City department store building, which is now a Haynes (going out of business since they opened, it seems like. If you're from the Hampton Roads area, you know what I'm talking about.)

11 comments:

  1. I bet some psychologists would love to read up n your dreams. Sometimes they have things that are pretty generally defined like flight, but bugs? That'd be cool to analyze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a nice infographic up in the next post. No word on insects in it though.

      Delete
    2. is it really true that dreams have explanation? I mean, is it even science or what?

      Delete
    3. Some times. Psychology is still in its infancy so we'll have to give it some slack.

      Delete
  2. Well I'm not from the Hampton Roads area so no I don't really know what you're talking about, but those do sound like weird dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, their ad campaigns have been running on TV for decades. Every week they are "going out of business and everything must go".

      Delete
  3. according to the mighty google they represent minor obsicles that must be overcome... but then I never really held much sway in the meaning of dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the phrase you're looking for is "put much stock". But neither do I.

      Delete
  4. Its pretty cool that you remember your dreams so clearly, I know a lot of people that can barely remember them at all. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to go over it again when you wake up. I still lose a lot of it though. Like trying to hold water with a sieve.

      Delete
    2. Still, I think you remember more than the average dreamer. :D

      Delete