Wednesday, October 12, 2011

An FPS Dream

So watching Black Hawk Down [2001] yesterday gave me a cool dream last night.
I ended up in Mogadishu with the rest of the 75th Ranger Regiment. Two guys were up the road ahead of me with a machine gun emplacement. To the right I could see a guy on the rooftop but I wasn't sure if he was a combatant or not. Then he picked up a rifle and started to draw a bead on my squad mates. I had another one of those "Hey! I know I shot on target, he's totally using cheats" kind of moments. After a ridiculous number of hits he went down but a guy on horseback came around the corner wielding a large scimitar. I fire and hit him a few times but nothing happens. Then I notice that the clip is empty but the Low Ammo indicator didn't light up. (Real guns do not, in fact, have Low Ammo indicator lights by the way). I recalled the last time I got cut on and backed off quick. He swung again and I clubbed him with the butt of my rifle.

Just what I need in the morning, eh? An action packed adventure simulation.

10 comments:

  1. oh man, you're lucky. i usually dream about waking up and eating breakfast and quotidian things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's because you watched a movie full of bullets. haha

    last night I dreamed of snake..

    how's that possible?

    maybe someone's gonna betray me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, nice! I'm jealous, you're so involved in your action dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That'd be my idea of a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that'll wake you up. But that movie is too sad for a good dream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Real guns DON'T have low ammo indicators? Damn. Anyway, never forget, guns for a show, knives for a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I love these crazy dreams. Last night I dreamt I was at work. How crappy is that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha nice. This has happened to me in the past when I've played Counter Strike or something similar right before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love action packed dreams! Next time your in that dream you'll have to remind yourself to use cheats!

    ReplyDelete