Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Playgrounds: Not Just For Kids?

So I got all 26 seasons of Sasuke and I've been watching it from the beginning. Naturally, I went out to look for obstacles soon after. There used to be monkey bars and such at the local public park but it has since been replaced by some colourful dinky crap. That and all of this stuff seems a lot shorter than it used to. There's slides and tiny ladders and shit but nothing to jump and climb and hang from. What the hell, man? Is this a symptom or a cause of our unhealthy youth generation?

Incidentally, I notice that I haven't eaten a potato chip in a long time.... hmmm...

11 comments:

  1. They still have bars to hang off of at the elementary school near where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some delicious potato chips just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's the cause.. making everything safer, than it actually needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things really do seem shorter after a few years.. if I could I'd still play at the playground though. So many sports to make up.. the problem is the parents get pissed off when their kids can't use the stuff.. ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say it's a cause.
    And things might not be shorter. You're probably just taller.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to go with cause as well. When I was younger I lived in a place that had a huge park with climbing and errything, but I never went there actually. I never went out in general lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that gif makes me hungry... now im hungry :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I want chips, are you happy? xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't need a playground. Just Youtube some parkour or freerunning videos for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. But I want those obstacles. And the 5-0 tend to show up when people see me running around on their rooftops.

    ReplyDelete