Saturday, June 30, 2012

Energy Drinks

I used to be a serious energy drink junkie. Amp, Rockstar, Monster, Red Bull, Nos, 5-Hour Energy, I had everything. Taurine and guarana chemical concoctions.
On the other hand, I don't care for coffee.
╮(╯_╰)╭

5-hour Energy and its knock-off cousins.

Later in the semester. I don't even fit in the frame anymore!
And then one fateful day I attended a Rally for Life event at which Rockstar was giving away cans of their sweet nectar. I took about 15 cans. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem at all. AT ALL. But it happened to fall at the end of the semester. My demand for energy drinks plummeted and the cans sat for months. By which time they expired. I drank one and the hold was broken. I haven't had a bullet can of any kind since. On the other hand, I do carry an emergency bottle of 5-Hour on me at all times.

1 comment:

  1. I stopped drinking energy drinks when I realised I wasn't really getting any kind of energy. If I get desperate I'll drink one out of sheer hope. It's probably good you stopped drinking so many

    ReplyDelete