Saturday, June 9, 2012

Annoyance #5: Poor Workmanship

Sometimes I get a craving for sodium. Not just pretzels or potato chips. I mean 'bad-for-your-health-but-tastes-so-good' sodium. I am, of course, talking about instant ramen. My uni days are behind me. I'm back home now. Those lean days of ramen noodles by necessity are over. Nevertheless, on occasion the desire for salty unhealthiness comes over me and I grab one of these.

I, too, would like to give it a hug.
BUT (⌐⌐_) enough with the good. What really grinds my gears? The lid. I can never seem to tear off the lid cleanly. The lid always cleaves in two or tears and the top layer peels away leaving a thin paper layer attached to the rim. Damn it!

2 comments:

  1. Over here for the most part instant noodle cups are quite well made. I'm yet to have one that is specifically ramen though. I always see a difference, just in case there is one. The lids barely ever tear and usually come off clean in one pull.

    ReplyDelete