Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm Not Sure About This Either

I've always thought poorly of people who support other people based solely on their familiarity with each other. In other words, I disliked people who took the sides of their friends in any conflict, just because they were friends.

This is actually just an extension of my general dislike for any decisions made without thought.

"Just because you are his friend doesn't mean he must be right in all cases."
I always thought I'd serve the side of justice if put in that situation. I wouldn't be that jackass who backs up his buddy no matter what she did.
"Uh, yeah, that guy totally swerved into us. It's his fault!"
Loyalty? If she's the kind of person who deserves mine then she will admit when wrong and wouldn't expect me to back her when she's truly at fault.


You, yourself, might be recoiling at my words even now. That's a natural reaction. It's a vestige of the tribal instincts we have from that era when we lived in small clans, hunting, gathering, and raiding. The time for that kind of animal behavior should be past.

But now I'm not so sure.

To put it bluntly, I don't know that other guy? But I do know her. Some people don't give a fuck about strangers, especially when that fuck costs something someway.
I thought I gave one, I mean I still do. But now I don't know if I could stand across from my friend to give it.

I guess I'm still human after all.

I'm sorry, Tali.