Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm Not Sure About This Either

I've always thought poorly of people who support other people based solely on their familiarity with each other. In other words, I disliked people who took the sides of their friends in any conflict, just because they were friends.

This is actually just an extension of my general dislike for any decisions made without thought.

"Just because you are his friend doesn't mean he must be right in all cases."
I always thought I'd serve the side of justice if put in that situation. I wouldn't be that jackass who backs up his buddy no matter what she did.
"Uh, yeah, that guy totally swerved into us. It's his fault!"
Loyalty? If she's the kind of person who deserves mine then she will admit when wrong and wouldn't expect me to back her when she's truly at fault.


You, yourself, might be recoiling at my words even now. That's a natural reaction. It's a vestige of the tribal instincts we have from that era when we lived in small clans, hunting, gathering, and raiding. The time for that kind of animal behavior should be past.

But now I'm not so sure.

To put it bluntly, I don't know that other guy? But I do know her. Some people don't give a fuck about strangers, especially when that fuck costs something someway.
I thought I gave one, I mean I still do. But now I don't know if I could stand across from my friend to give it.

I guess I'm still human after all.

I'm sorry, Tali.

11 comments:

  1. In my circle of friends, I am always the mean one. I always said what's in my mind, regardless how awful it would be.
    I don't take side of someone if it's obvious that he's at fault, even if he's a friend or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (___^^)/(ಠ◡ಠ)
      You have an admirably strong sense of integrity.

      Delete
  2. Yep, I see this all the time... total in-group/out-group behavior with no regard for any new input unless it benefits them. A sign of the times, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To what times are you referring? It was like this in the past and it's like this in the present. What relation to time does this behavioural phenomenon have?

      Delete
  3. I agree entirely.. but it doesn't really bother me.If someone has that thought process, I already know how I'm going to deal with them. It won't involve making them think, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well for the most part I've never really had to disagree with my friends on something, so I don't really know how I'd be if it actually came to it. I have talked to people who instantly take someone else's side whatever the situation and found myself thinking "Seriously?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, maybe you should take the time to *think* about what you'd do if it actually came to it. Or are you waiting until it actually happens before you'll decide what you think about it?

      Delete
  5. e_e I am the "peace-maker" among my friends. I don't know if its my circle of friends but they argue for a lot of crap. o_0 Anyways, yeah the worst part about being "fair" is the fact that your "friends" get mad when they were the ones wrong. =_=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stand up for what is right!

      Delete
    2. It is a difficult job but someone has to do it!
      Also ;-; poor Tali.. *Sniff*

      Delete