Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dream - A Crumbling Empire

See, it says dream right in the title there!

There's a flurry of activity throughout the castle-grounds. Documents are being burned, heirlooms are being packed and more than a few people are making their own escape.
The rebels have won. The royal guard smashed. The conquering heroes approach the gates even now. They demand the queen's abdication.
I head down and find the black servants disappearing into a hidden trapdoor. The heroes will not be gentle. No one ever is. Not to them. I decline to follow. I close the trapdoor behind them, slide a barrel over it and kick up some dust to cover their tracks. I hope they make it far away before anyone thinks these levels are too dead for a place that hasn't seen any killing yet.

1 comment:

  1. I don't really know how to respond to that. If anything you've left me wanting to know more. Though well done for helping the servants escape.

    ReplyDelete