Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Truly End Times....

So my dad's been nudging me to play Battlefield 3 for a few days now.

Man. What a topsy-turvy world when one of my parents is telling me that I should play a video game....

It is odd though. I really stopped playing video games when I left for college. You'd think that without parental supervision and over-seering I'd have played into the wee hours of night and morning. Instead I went to bed at reasonable (relatively) hours so I'd wake up in time to go to classes I was interested in and hang out with people.

Anyhoo, short post. This game is fun, damn it.

I never noticed that 6-bit 'jingle' I guess you'd call it, until I read the Wiki article on the series.


10 comments:

  1. I saw the beta demo thing before it was released. I actually almost wanted to play it, that says a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, "reasonable" hours, yeeeaaaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look pretty good. I hope to one day be as cool as your dad, and tell my kids they should be playing the vidya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. your dad is that cool? awesome..

    mine is, you know, he would always emphasize how addicted am I with internet and he would make fun of me not having a love life because of it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is cool, your dad sounds awesome. I used to play counterstrike like it was my life, but I gave up on later FPS games because they take too much dedication to get good at. Now I stick to slow paced strategy and rpgs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get to play with him some time. Nothing like father-son vidya bonding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does he want you to play Skyrim too? Because then he would be the awesomest dad ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats what the future will be! Adults telling kids to play more video games!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol! your dad wants you to play video games? what a cool dad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Banacek: You know what? He did just that yesterday...

    ReplyDelete