Monday, November 7, 2011

Needs Re-calibrating (>~<)

The past three nights I've had an unusually noticeable lack of traction when running in my dreams. It is as if I were trying to run through a liquid. I know, I know, "Why not just fly since you can anyway?" Well, sometimes I like to walk. On the ground. Ok? Makes me feel normal. hehe

These last few sessions weren't the first occurrences but I definitely took more notice of it than I have before. I was stalking the halls of the elementary school I attended. You know, the stuffy Catholic one. Unfortunately, the building had been drastically renovated since I'd last been inside. (Both in the dream and in real life. In both respects.) The ceilings aren't high so I suppose that factored into my decision to hotfoot it out of a sticky situation rather than take off. And then the very air betrayed me. Its viscosity became as syrup or perhaps a dense pool. Mercifully, breathing remained unaffected. Still, every step took a valiant effort and when I tried to speed my stride I would QWOP over backwards. How frustrating.

Maybe I'm turning my Floatiness setting too far down, hmmm?

8 comments:

  1. I used to have dreams where I couldn't get any traction at all. I would have to pull myself along the ground with grass or anything else I could grab a hold of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! yeah, very frustrating..it happened to me also. the only difference is that, everything will turn slow motion instead of fast forward. damn! haha!

    gotta listen to the wedding dress now =))

    i love this song :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha QWOP backwards. That'd frustrate me harder than the actual getting anywhere.

    I'm off to play qwop now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you should try and apply logic. I can't walk on the floor therefore I'm in a dream. Ta dah you're lucid. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting dream! Good luck with the floatiness thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @R.gers:
    >>giving ME advice on turning lucid
    Eheheh, you must be new here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dream the same thing from time to time, and have to use my hands to help pull me along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds more like there's a supervillian in your dreams. Possibly one with the power of syrup.

    ReplyDelete