Saturday, November 26, 2011

Starter Motor Replaced

Agh.... so just when I thought the car was finally in pleasurable driving condition I got in today and turned the key....and nothing. No sound at all.


Gorram starter died on me. Out of spite, I'm sure.

Couple hours later: replaced with a re-manufactured one and the car starts so smooth, I tell you what. Not surprised, they don't make any new ones for this old car.

When I finally reconnected the battery cables and fired up the engine I felt a satisfaction much different from getting a good grade on a test. There was a sense of accomplishment altogether unlike something abstract like finishing a long paper.

7 comments:

  1. Well you put in a lot more work than one would on a test, it's something you really worked hard for, and something you helped make. Hopefully it'll stop breaking on you now and just let you keep what's left of your dignity and sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That.. had to be feeling. Lucky for you though, you got "the feeling" afterwards. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will get better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you thought about being a mechanic someday? You seem to be good with cars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i have to change the clutch in my car soon...not looking forward to it. maintenance on cars sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @D4: Hahaha, initially I thought you were being deep and philosophical with your comment.

    @Shutterbug: I'm only as good as I need to be. Hey, you're right! I could be a mechanic nyuk nyuk.

    ReplyDelete