Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ninja Warrior Fucking Sucks

EDIT 7/27/12 : I originally embedded a video clip from Sasuke 10 but it has since been removed.

Ninja Warrior is trash. The editors took out all the emotional footage and pared each episode down to bare footage of the competitors taking on the obstacles. Then they added instant replays with the American narrator making bad puns. Fuck you, G4. It's disrespectful to the competitors when their hard efforts are wrapped and sent off with snarky comments. The Japanese commentators make jokes but they actually care, too.

6 comments:

  1. I'm surprised they cut it out. Normally they eat that stuff up. Look at any "talent" show. It isn't about singing or whatever, it's about how has the most emotional story. I think the Japanese are used to having their culture raped by America by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could understand at least that point from 11:16 onward. I can also imagine what the guys at G4 would've done. Giving it a MXC feel, yeah? I get tired of that quick. This was an awesome watch though. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mark: Ah, I'm glad you noticed that! In the industry they call those "human interest stories".

    @D4: Yeah, MXC. The irony is that MXC is made from re-edited footage of the game show "Takeshi's Castle" which is ALSO owned by TBS, the network that owns Sasuke. I wish G4 would have tried to give their piece of the pie a different flavor rather than try to copy a copy.

    Rough translation:
    @10:51-
    Announcer: Mr. Yamada, I understand that you're still upset, but what do you plan to do from here on?
    Yamada: Well.... at this moment-... at this moment all I can say is... For me... there is nothing else except Sasuke.

    @Heaven: Indeed! I love this show. (Sasuke that is, not Ninja Warrior.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm a human and I'm not interested. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mark: That should be a record for Fastest Response.

    ReplyDelete