Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Costco Hot Dog Almost 3 Decades Later: Still $1.50

Do you guys have a Costco in your area? More to the point, do you shop there? If you do then you've seen the food court and you've probably noticed this offering.

They stopped offering the Polish Sausage at my Costco about 10 years ago, though.
I hadn't really given it much thought previously, but that is a pretty good deal these days! Good on you, Costco. The story and history behind the "Hot Dog Combo" really makes for some surprisingly interesting reading!

Feel free to check out this article if you want. I'm a pretty jaded guy but I really would like to believe that the Costco company is a nice place to work and shop.
 
=========================================


Yeah, I was feeling hungry when I wrote this. In other news, I'm thinking about starting a Tumblr micro-blog(?) so I can more easily follow them. Furthermore, I think I'm going to start another blog(spot) devoted to posting classic stuff from my childhood. That one won't have a post-everyday schedule like this one though.

10 comments:

  1. I never really got the point of having more than one blog, especially when you run an "everything" bog. I'd just use what I would put in another blog as posts so I can stay up to date. As for that hotdog, that is actually one of the best deals I've ever seen. A hotdog and a drink you can get refills on? That is really good. There's a place near me where a hotdog on it's own would cost twice that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Costco food court has some great prices. It's always full, though. I don't like making lines when I'm hungry, and if I'm anticipating, I prefer to have me something healthier. Dunno.

    Also, yeah go for another blog if you like. It'd be niche "Nostalgia/Childhood" right? That's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, i don't have a Costco in my area, but after read this post regarding Costco i would like to eat it as soon as possible.

    web design services

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to a Costco in years, but that is pretty much an unbeatable deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mark: Yet again, you and I think so very much alike. I had that thought too when I originally started Following ppl. I noticed on their Full Profiles that they had multiple blogs and I thought, "Hmm, that's not necessary is it?". And you're right, since my blog doesn't have any niche focus, why not just post everything here? Well, it's really more for the Followers I expect will gather there. All the posts from that blog will have a common focus. There won't be any personal posts, movie review posts, relationship posts, philosophy posts- well, you get the idea.
    I won't do any proselytizing for that blog around here, either. (Unlike some ppl I know. hehe.)
    ( ^ヮ^)>*(_o o) *nudge nudge*

    @D4: Yeah, you described it better than I did.

    @Heaven: It's a cool place.

    @Jessica B Johnson: The warehouse is not edible. (O O)

    @Bonjour Tristesse: If I move somewhere I'm going to make sure there's a Costco in the area first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't try to convert anyone >_> But thank you for teaching me a new word! Here's hoping I remember it when I wake up. I can understand your position. People may want that aspect of you but may not be too interested in your personal life. Or some readers here may not want to see too much of that. I like games but not too many of my followers are gamers, so it might benefit me to start a gaming blog on the side. Plus then people can just pass on the link to my gaming blog rather than not wanting to knowing that the person will have to put up with the never ending despair in which I live every day. Plus I've mentioned on my own blog there are things I don't really want to post there, such as extremely emotional stuff. So I'm not even following my own rule really.

      Delete
    2. Whoa, I guess now I know why your Comment highlighting disappeared! Google's making some upgrades to the Comment section.

      Delete
  6. I shop as BJ's Costco and Sams club all great stores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to both and I didn't really care for BJ's selection.

      Delete