Sunday, December 11, 2011

9gag's Been Blowin' Up in Here

Posting for 12/5.

So I don't know when it happened, but a joke image site called 9gag has been exploding with popularity recently. If you don't know what it is, well.... allow me to take your soul! (And any free time you might have saved up.)

A slew of Paint drawn reaction faces have come out of there in the near past.

If you go on there now there will be loads of 4-koma type Paint comics about things that resulted in a particular 9gagger experiencing something that evoked an emotion and the corresponding face. These exploitable panels have become the bread and butter of what 9gag produces on a daily basis now. There are good ones but over all it does become a bit monotonous. It didn't always used to be this way. Once upon a time original content ruled the land.

I do like the propagation of these emoticon templates though, so I won't say it's all bad.

4 comments:

  1. Yup. You can definitely waste ungodly amounts of time on that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard of 9gag, but had no idea who or what they were. I miss the days of OC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. never heard of this. but it's funny :D
    -mai

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bonjour Tristesse: NAAAAWWWWW, that ain't me.... I have too much willpower to be sucked into that kinda thing.... yeah... (⌐⌐_)(_¬¬)

    @Mark: Mmmm, I had to think about that statement for a second. The days of OC only existed on the basis that nothing had come before. However, there were no memes then either, so it's a trade-off.

    @Mai Yang: Laugh once and never go back there!! Never!!! It will drain your life-force away!

    ReplyDelete