Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Yu-Gi-Oh!

You guys remember these cards and the TV show?

I love the art and the naming of these cards. A lot of them have the little tidbit in the commentary box and I feel like it's interesting enough that if someone put a mind to it they could write a whole story on the character.

Case in point, looking through my brother's old cards today and I found this one. I remember this guy used to be my favorite. Practices sorcery, swordsmanship and martial arts, not to mention he can travel across dimensions? Damn, I wanna be just like that when I grow up hahaha.

9 comments:

  1. of course I remember this one =p
    I even tried playing this card but gee..I never learned. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always more of a Pokemon person

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I prefer magic, eye of judgement ..etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a big box with a ton of "crappy" cards. I never thought of that, though. You really could make an entire story on most of them easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were just after my time. I think some of my friends little brothers played though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can be like him, you just have to set your sights a bit lower:

    Sorcery: Arthur C. Clark said that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - so show off any modern technology to the Amish

    Swordsmanship: obtain sword, start practising - congratulations, you are now a swordsman

    Martial arts: take your pick, you don't even have to be good at any of them

    Travel across dimensions: we travel through 3 dimensional space all the time, we even travel through time! But only in one direction

    You are now Neo the magic swordsman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha my favorite was always Fiber Jar!! i loved that game

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe, one of my favorite manga by far. but why you dont want to be the dark magician, he is way cooler IMO lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. this might be a little bit after my time. did you ever have star wars cards? those were awesome!

    ReplyDelete