Thursday, August 25, 2011

Favorite Word #1: Schadenfreude

Seeing the wonderful word 'zeitgeist' used by Ivan Montiel in response to yesterday's post has inspired me to share with you another word of German origin and, incidentally, one of my personal FAVORITE WORDS*fanfare*

Schadenfreude - n. pleasure derived from someone else's misfortune.

You're lying if you tell me you have never experienced this. That or you don't know of FailBlog. In which case I'd highly recommend a look-see.

Hmm? (O_<)>" *nudge nudge wink*

7 comments:

  1. Schadenfreude is one of my favorite pastimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm i smiled a bit :) guess i am guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kumquat or chicanery are two of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be lying if I said that lol. I remember one time some guy blew past me in his car after honking for ages and then flicked me off. Then about a mile down the road he was pulled over by highway patrol. It was glorious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very evil. that is how the stockmarket works.

    ReplyDelete