Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Planet of the Apes - This is not a review

I watched the Rise of the Planet of the Apes [2011] trailer (which pretty much gave away most of the movie). I sincerely hope you all know that this is all part of the reboot of the old Planet of the Apes [1968] film. And guess what I noticed?

Check out the trailer here. The first handful of words spoken include "gene therapy" hahahahaha.



If you will recall from the original film, that ending strongly hints that humanity ended due to what? Nuclear war.

I rest my case. People in the 60s feared the atom. People in the 21st century fear the gene.

7 comments:

  1. Not a big fan of all the CGI. I miss actual costumes and robots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people are missing your 'case' because it's awfully vague.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @D4: Ah, I see what you mean. Lemme add a link to the earlier post I was referring to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now I'm having second thoughts of watching this one. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a good movie to just turn off your brain and say WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm considering catching this when I get paid this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like it might be pretty good for a remake.

    ReplyDelete