Saturday, July 16, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

The books were great, why fuck with that? When Neville started to make his speech and the uplifting music started I said to myself, "Ahhh, shit." In the book, the moment Neville pulled the sword from the hat was awesome. In the movie, it was lame. Everything in the movie that happened after that moment sucked. Their final battle was jazzed up to use lots of special effects but had no heart.

But you know what bothered me most? After Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix she smiled to herself. You remember how to create a Horcrux? Performing the most extreme act of evil: murder. Well, bad guy through and through though she may have been, Bellatrix was a person and Mrs. Weasley just killed her. Not only that but her face when she was smiling just looked evil, like *she* was the bad one. Those of you who haven't seen the movie, pay attention when you get to this scene. You'll see what I'm talking about. Homely Mrs. Weasley has no place smiling after taking a life.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm, I've also read good reviews about the movie, hope it won't be disappointing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone I know went and saw it. Like everyone. Not too much of a fan of harry potter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forwards to seeing the movies, haven't actually watched any of them yet, waiting to do a huge marathon session

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'll pay attention to that some day in the distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You provide great reviews for the movie!! I enjoyed reading

    ReplyDelete