Thursday, July 21, 2011

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011

The women's World Cup has never been as popular as the men's but this year the committee really stepped up media promotion, such that, even though I'm late, I heard about the results after it ended. Apparently the Japan vs USA final match was amazing and I'm going to watch it later tonight myself. This got me to thinking though: Is the footage of past World Cup games archived anywhere? Does FIFA sell dvds? I think they'd make a tidy profit doing that but I've never seen the option on their website. The footage isn't just discarded is it? Seems like such a waste if the only recourse I have would be to torrent or download someone's personal recording. Anyone know the truth?

5 comments:

  1. I've only ever seen official DVD's of the final game. That and highlight recaps.

    It would be cool if they offered an online archive of all the matches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've never seen the world get this excited about a women's sport. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they don't just discard them because they can sometimes be seen on espn classic and stuff, but I've never seen them get sold either. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Football-Complete-Box-Set/dp/B000063TRA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched it.

    They must sell that stuff on dvd. Right?

    ReplyDelete