Sunday, June 12, 2011

Upcoming Movie Posts

I like watching movies a lot. In fact one reason I got a job at a Regal theater a few years ago was for the free movie privileges. It made up for the not-much-to-speak-of pay, most definitely. If you ever heard me talk about any movies though, you'd probably have the opposite impression. In conversations I usually don't 'discuss' or 'talk about' the movie, I rant. I rant about the stupidity of the characters, the casting, the storyline, etc.

Occasionally I watch popular bad movies, e.g. Twilight, Avatar, The Last Airbender (separate movies), Dragonball Evolution, in a process I like to call "knowing the enemy". I don't mean movies that are so bad they're good. These movies truly suck. But I don't want to hate on them without knowing what I'm talking about. I believe this to be no kind of high ground. And so I make the sacrifice, I watched all three Twilight movies. I read the books too, for the same reason. *shudder*

Since I missed a post Friday I'm going to double post at some point to make up for it. I don't know if I can keep up a '1 post per day' rate and still keep things meaningful- ah what am I saying, I have so much to say! Of course I can! I can promise you that I'll miss some days since I'll be doing something else but I'll do my best to keep the right amount going.

9 comments:

  1. Ah, the ode to the bad movie. I love watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how can you resist watching that kind of movies just to "know your enemy", your sacrifice is just admirable haha.
    Nice post dude, I'll be waiting the upcoming ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love movies as well. Ill watch bad ones, good ones. indifferent ones,Ill watch them all lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the sounds of it you and I are a hell of a lot alike when it comes to movie besides for Avatar I loved that film

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you like popular bad movies, you should watch 2003's The Room.

    Following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well im going to look forward to it dude :P am following ! can't wait for this awesome blog to hitoff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad movies are often the best movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree bro, know your enemy, but still watching all 3 Twilight movies? aaaaand the books??? Damn man now THAT is dedication.

    ReplyDelete