Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Disney Movies - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs [1937]

So that whole Frozen [2013] thing has started a Disney/Pixar movie watching spree. I hadn't known that Pixar has only released 14 feature films to date. (o_รด ) What a time for me to have gone through childhood, I've seen most of them! On the other hand, Disney Animation has released 53 so far and I actually haven't seen a good many of them. Would it surprise you to know I've never seen such classics as Bambi [1942], Dumbo [1941], or Peter Pan [1953]? And I've only ever seen The Little Mermaid [1989] and Cinderella [1950] in Cantonese! On a VHS tape, no less. I have never heard those classic songs in English.



If you're interested, this is what I grew up with:


But the movie of the day is Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs [1937]. I'd never seen it, although that's not to say I've never heard it! I had the movie's soundtrack on audio cassette tape. Yeah....

The computer I'm typing this from.
I never knew the names of all seven dwarfs, never knew what Dopey looked like. Let those mistakes stand corrected from this day forth.

I honestly don't have much to say about this movie. It's a classic piece, Disney's very first animated feature film. Didja know some people called it 'Disney's Folly' when it was in production? A fully cel animated film had never been done before. Just look at the things it set in motion though. There's a sad sad alternate universe out there somewhere.

This guy has a name for the people who laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment