Monday, May 11, 2015

Anime Again

In 2008 I realized that I'd lost contact with the anime world in the time between graduating high school and entering university. I attended Otakon that year and as I looked around I noticed large posters (and plenty of cosplay) for a show called Code Geass I'd never heard of. I had totally missed out on it.

2015 now, I am currently sorting my music collection, cleaning up ID3 tags and such and I started watching some YouTube videos of Miyazaki's Castle in the Sky. I ended up on this video here:


It's from a show currently airing called "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso". Once again, in a single moment of clarity, I am rocked with the sensation that I've let anime drift away from me. Maybe this doesn't seem like a big deal to you but anime is one of my favorite mediums of entertainment. What I'm feeling right now is akin to a guy (or girl, maybe) who considered him/herself to be an avid football fan who has woken up one day and discovered that all the players s/he used to know have retired and all the current players and up-and-coming stars are people s/he doesn't recognize.

No comments:

Post a Comment