Friday, November 21, 2014

Battlestation Components (3)

The last components to show you for now. Still waiting on a good SSD sale. I'm not one of those iProduct buy-a-new-one-every-three-months kind of guys. I plan to pilot this battlestation for a while so I'm going to get exactly what I want to put in it. No substitutes.

Gigabyte GV-N970WF3OC-4GD Windforce 3X
You could say the graphics card is the heart of a gaming PC. This baby alone was responsible for almost 30% of the total budget. There was no discount on it, instead purchase came with a redemption code for one AAA game title. Your choice of Assassin's Creed: Unity, Grid 3, and Farcry 4. I picked Assassin's Creed.







It's beautiful! Beautiful! Here's a video comparing several different Nvidia GTX 970 models at idle and under load. You can see a similar Gigabyte model @0:22 and @1:03. It's a sister model to mine. If this one performs like that one, I'll be perfectly content.





An Intel i5-4690K. I've always been partial to Intel processors for no particular reason. Well, up til now I've had no particular reason anyway. After doing my pre-purchase research I now have a reason. Apparently AMD has just been falling behind in recent years in the field of CPU innovation and efficiency, such that Intel is pretty much the way to go except in the low-tier market, which I am well above.

















There's the processor right there. If you're wondering why the box is so big, 98% of the volume in there is taken up by a heatsink fan that comes bundled with the processor itself.





And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment